1. I grew up in Inglewood, California, and graduated from Lennox High School.
2. I studied medical office management at Bryman and worked for the County of Los Angeles for more than 32 years.
3. My favorite food is fried chicken, seasoned with Lawry’s, garlic powder and a few other “Mama Sherman” special ingredients.
4. Our home always welcomed kids from the neighborhood. My husband and I were “aunty” and “uncle” to them.
5. Laughter is our greatest family medicine.
6. One quality that best describes me is kind.
7. I love all Denzel Washington movies, except “Training Day.”
8. I love to cook. Richard won’t eat anybody else’s spaghetti but mine.
9. The last gift I gave was a Magic Johnson jersey to my husband on Father’s Day. He loves the Lakers!
10. I own a lot of Michael Kors items.
11. My favorite ‘90s music jam is Tupac’s “Dear Mama.”
12. I lost my baby sister to cancer and created a raincoat line, MamaSherman25.com, that donates funds to the American Cancer Society. I also created a scholarship fund for my niece who was only 5 years old when my sister passed.
13. My Seahawks game day traditions include hanging with the fans at the tailgating area and selling my raincoats.
14. My grandson, Rayden, was born at 2:05 a.m. on February 5. His father is 6’3,” and Rayden was 6 pounds, 3 ounces at birth!
15. The best advice I could give to new mothers is to let your children know you are there for them no matter what. Let them feel your presence.
16. I admire strong women who are business-minded and entrepreneurs.
17. If I could star as a superhero in an action film, I would be Wonder Woman.
18. My favorite Campbell’s soups are cream of mushroom and cream of chicken.
19. My current dream travel destination is Dubai.
20. I have quite a few favorite Seahawks moments, but of course my all-time was Richard’s winning tip in the 2014 Super Bowl. I didn’t actually see the play happen because I was on my knees praying!
21. I have a silly family, and we text each other jokes constantly!
22. I’ve always believed in giving back to the community. My newest nonprofit organization is called Mama Sherman’s Love Caring & Sharing. Our motto is: “Blessing those in need is how we succeed. Mama Sherman and Crew are ready to care and share with you.”
23. In 10 years, I see myself continuing to enjoy life and living somewhere near the water.
24. My favorite quote is “Stay ready so you don’t have to get ready.”
25. Family means everything to me.